Change font size   Print view
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Rip Roller, new shape or old shape??

All topics.
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 4:43 pm
I love this propeller, this is my favorite lure, but I observe who the old version (slim) are more effective in catching big peacockbass. What do you think about it? :bye:
Site Admin
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 4:59 pm
Paolo wrote:I love this propeller, this is my favorite lure, but I observe who the old version (slim) are more effective in catching big peacockbass. What do you think about it? :bye:

Paolo I prefer the slim version. Everyone I know does!!!!!
It is easier to work, fatigues you less, and has a better sound. I also like the slighltly darker pinkish-red halloween color with more glitter that the old ones had. I have told this to Terry for years! Please send him an email about what you think!
Thank you for bringing this up! :good:
It will be nice to hear what other people think! :clapping:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 6:16 pm
Lance wrote:
Paolo wrote:I love this propeller, this is my favorite lure, but I observe who the old version (slim) are more effective in catching big peacockbass. What do you think about it? :bye:

Paolo I prefer the slim version. Everyone I know does!!!!!
It is easier to work, fatigues you less, and has a better sound. I also like the slighltly darker pinkish-red halloween color with more glitter that the old ones had. I have told this to Terry for years! Please send him an email about what you think!
Thank you for bringing this up! :good:
It will be nice to hear what other people think! :clapping:

Lance I have spoken about this with Terry in my last trip in Barcelos!!
waiting the opinions of others, who knows Terry come back to produce the old shape :fiu: :fiu: :fiu: :fiu: :fiu: :fiu: :lotpot:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 7:18 pm
OLD SHAPE!! :2up:

The NEW :doubledown:
Site Admin
PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 4:56 pm
The Old shape was much better.
Terry may the new shape much thicker which makes the lure harder to work through the water, it's a shame because he had the best lure in the world.

The new shape has 48g.
TRex 170 (JennerLure) has 28g, is much lighter, but the hardware isn't as good as rip roller.

How I said, it's a shame (uma pena - what a shame). I prefer the old shape rather than the new one.

I miss old lure.
Here no woodpecker. Here is sequoia.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 6:01 pm
When I first saw the new shaped Roller I thought it was some kind of unsuccessful copy of the real brand. I truly don´t like the knew shaped rules that are heavier and don´t slide as well as the old ones. Thats my opinion....I don´t know why they changed a winning team.
Beto-BH

PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 6:34 am
Old shape is way better! I don't use the new shape on 6.25" size. I still have 5 ou 6 old ones (thanks God I only did only 2 trips and didn't used them too much...). Rip Roller used to be market benchmark, but now we have Caribe Lures Pavon Prop 6' and 7' and Jennerlure Tucunarex 170, 170 Turbo, or even 140... On the other hand, High Roller still has better metals for Amazon props...
Site Admin
PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 11:13 am
Gustavo Martins wrote:Old shape is way better! I don't use the new shape on 6.25" size. I still have 5 ou 6 old ones (thanks God I only did only 2 trips and didn't used them too much...). Rip Roller used to be market benchmark, but now we have Caribe Lures Pavon Prop 6' and 7' and Jennerlure Tucunarex 170, 170 Turbo, or even 140... On the other hand, High Roller still has better metals for Amazon props...

Gustavo I love the new 5.5 size rip-rollers. I feel the newer 6.5 thicker rip-rollers still catch just as many of giant peacock bass but I prefer the older style slim ones because they are much easier to cast, easier to work through the water, and they fatigue alot less in the hot sun. The high roller prop is just awesome!! My favorite colors are halloween, clown and firetiger. In the six inch Caribe pavon prop my favorite colors are the red/yellow and firetiger. The Tucunarex has some very interesting features; it is ultra light, has a keel so it doesn't turn over so your line doesn't twist up, has an added metal piece on the prop so it doesn't wear down the prop screw fast, and comes in some very different colors. We tried them out last year and they were very effective. Just my humble opinions.
http://www.jennerlure.com.br/ :link:

Return to General Infomation